VILLA LAGOS attests to the lake construction skills of Eric Pettinger. Eric's 30+ yrs of skiing and construction experience give him the knowledge to assist you with your lake site selection, design and excavation. Eric can help make your lake dream a reality.
For quotes as well as more information about getting your own ski lake built please Contact Eric.
What to Consider When Choosing Property for Your Lake Site
- Soil type - Will it compact to hold water? DIG TEST HOLES!! Look for clay that cracks when it dries. Stay away from gravel and sand.
- Permit cost and time - excavation, sewer, dock and other facilities.
- Water source - 40-50 acre feet to fill, additional 40-50 acre feet per year to maintain. Volume between 500 and 1,000 gallons/minute. Domestic well water availability.
- Electrical power - availability and cost/foot to extend.
- Acreage - amount to get the length needed will depend on the shape of the parcel. Prevailing wind and where the sun rises and sets.
- Length - minimum of 1800 feet, most lakes are about 2300 feet.
- Accessibility - roads into property, paved/gravel.
- Neighbors - having and maintaining good relations, dust and noise compaints, etc.